Saturday, July 31, 2010

Original Document: "Dr. Swaine: May Want to Work with me Again?: Grades and Final Assignments Agreement Form"

7-31-2010 1:51:26 p. m. (E.S.T.)

Introduction: Missive:

Dear Ms. Swaine,

I understand, from your previous communication to me via email, that you are no longer available to work with me. I understood that yesterday, and I have already communicated to several Deans, your decision to not continue working with me. I saw this morning, that you may have changed your mind. I noticed an email in my in-box requesting a meeting sometime today to discuss the issues which persist in the second half of library management class (summer 2010).

The list of issues/concerns which I have that must be answered and replied to in full, with no exceptions, prior to me agreeing to work with you again are enumerated below. I will not accept you as my instructor, for the remaining final assignments, which are due in this the class, if you neglect to answer or reply in full, to any of the following issues/concerns that I have, related to my completion of the library management course (summer 2010).

You must respond to every issue/concern, in order, one issue/concern at a time, and each response must be clearly identified by the identical subject that I indicated when enumerated my issue/concern this email. The following, are the enumerated issues/concerns, that I have, that must be addressed, prior to me agreeing to work with you on my final assignments, for the remainder of the library management summer 2010 course:

Final Assignment Rules and Regulations:

1) Re: Availability of Current Grade:

My current grade for this course must be available to me at all times. When an assignment is submitted, the grade must be available to me within 24 hours of the submission date/time. There are no exceptions to this rule. If, for instance, I agree to turn in the final assignments on 8-1-2010 by 11:59 p. m. (E.S.T.), then, my grades on all of my final assignments must be posted to my grade book page by 11:59 p. m. (E.S.T.), the following day, Monday 8-2-2010. Due to the fact that I would be turning in my final assignments, my final grade in the course, the grade that will be submitted to the registrar’s office for summer 2010 graduation, must be posted to my grade book page and available as well.

(*Note—I have not agreed to turn any assignments in to you, on 8-1-2010, at this present time. I have not yet, agreed to work with you again, either.)

2) Re: Grade Change:

The grades posted to my grade page must reflect the grades that I have received in the class. The grades currently posted to my grade page have been altered from what was posted on 7-28-2010. Two points have been deducted from my grade on my ethics assignment. On 7-28-2010, my grade on my ethics assignment was a 59, on 7-30-2010, my ethics assignment grade was re-posted as a 57. You are not at liberty to lower my grades once they have been posted by you. You need to add two points to my ethics grade, to reflect the original grade that you posted on 7-28-2010. I have a webpage and a text copy of the grades which were posted by you on 7-28-2010.

In addition, it is my understanding, that the grades posted on 7-30-2010 include my entire attendance/ participation grade for the entire library and management class (summer 2010). You stated several times in our Elluminate meeting on Monday 7-26-2010, and in emails that you sent to me, that there are no more possible attendance/participation points which are attainable for the library management class (summer 2010). It is also, my understanding, from our Elluminate and email communications, that I have received a perfect attendance grade for library management (summer 2010).

Additionally, it is also my understanding that all the assignments that will be grade for this course and which are due in this course have already been posted to my grade page. No additional assignments or grade categories are allowed to be posted to my grade page. All the assignments and grade categories which will be utilized in order to calculate my final grade in library management for summer 2010 have already been posted to my grade page. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Once my final grade has been posted to my grade page, the final grade which I receive in library management for summer 2010, cannot be altered by you. If I believe that the final grade is unfair, or that it does not reflect my quality/quantity of work submitted for the course, I will request, that someone else re-grade my assignments and raise my final grade, so that it is commiserate to the quality/quantity of work, that I will have submitted for the library management course (summer 2010).

3) Re: Grade Submission:

The final grade that I receive in this course must be submitted via email, to the registrar’s office, within 24 hours of it being made available to me on my grade page. As previously stated, my final grade for this course must be made available no later than 24 hours after I submit my final assignments. During the 24 hours between when my final grade is posted, and when the final grade is submitted to the registrar’s office, I will have the opportunity to reject or accept the final grade posted to my grade page as my final grade for this course. If I reject the final grade that you have calculated, you will not submit the final grade to the registrar’s office. There are no exceptions to this rule. I will then have my final assignments re-evaluated and re-graded by someone else, and they will submit my final grade for the course instead.

Ultimately, it will up to me, who submits my final grade for the library management course to the registrar’s office. If I believe, for any reason what-so-ever, that you will not follow this pre-existing agreement, and submit my final grade: when/how/or as, I have previously indicated, then I will elect someone else to submit my final grade in this class. You are not permitted to disagree with me in my previous statement. There are no exceptions to this rule.

The individual whom I elect to submit my final grade to the registrar’s office, will not require your permission to access my grade page to locate my final grade, and that individual will not require your permission to submit the final grade for the library management class (summer 2010) to the registrar’s office. Your permission, regarding the submission of my final grade, is not required at all under any circumstances.

The final grade that is indicated on my grade page, and which must be posted and available to me within the previous time frame stipulated, will be the final grade that is submitted to the registrar’s office, and it is the final grade that will be recorded on my final official transcript, which will verify that I, Ms. Bayo Elizabeth Cary, have earned a Master’s Degree at F.S.U. in library and information science, and that I have graduated summer 2010 (August 7, 2010) with my Master’s Degree and full ALA accreditation .

4) Re: Final Assignment Directions:

Full and complete directions must be provided for each and every section of every final assignment which is graded and which is expected to be submitted. The abridged directions currently posted to the library management course Blackboard site are inadequate and do not provide sufficient directions as to how the final assignments: self-evaluation and (strategic plan/reflection journal ) template should be filled-in/completed. The directions for the final assignments provided by the previous course instructor, as we mutually agreed in both the Elluinate session on 7-26-2010 and by email, are not to be utilized by me for my completion of the final assignments for this course.

You have agreed to provide me with a set of abridged directions for the final assignments. You must follow through with your commitment to me, and provide me with adequate, and abridged, directions for the final assignments, which you yourself have created (abridged). In our Elluminate meeting, you stated that it is not necessary for me to complete/fill-in every section of every template in order to receive full credit (a perfect “A”) for the completion of the final assignments in this course. You must provide me with abridged directions that you have created for every portion of the final assignments which you will grade. Sections that do not need to be submitted and that will not be graded must be noted as well, in the abridged assignment directions, that you must provide.

5) Re: Final Assignment Due Date(s):

The due date for the final assignments, to date, has not been agreed upon, and therefore, the due dates posted to my grade page, for the final assignments are not accurate. The due dates for the final assignments are still, at present, being negotiated. The due date(s) for the final assignments must be agreed upon by both of us and posted to my grade page, but only after we have both agreed upon the date(s). The final assignments due date(s) are flexible, but only if I desire to extend the time period to a later date.

You are not allowed to change the due date(s) of the final assignments without my agreement and you are not allowed to changed the agreed upon due date (s) without my consent, and you are not allowed to decide the final assignment due date(s) on your own, and you are not allowed to make the final due date(s) an earlier date than we have both agreed upon. The due date established by Dr. Kim does not apply to this portion of the library management course, Dr. Kim, as we have already agreed upon (documented in email correspondence) is no longer my instructor for the library management course (summer 2010).

(*Note—I have not agreed upon working with you again-- yet. Presently, I have no official instructor for the library management course, summer 2010.)

6) Re: Grading of Final Assignment:

A very detailed description of what parts of the final assignments will be graded, as well as how each part of the final assignments will be graded, must be provided. I need to know exactly what you expect from me, insofar, as the final assignments are concerned. If you provide detailed instructions for how to complete/fill-in the final assignment templates, but you do not provide detailed information regarding how the final assignments will be graded, then I will earn an “A” in library management (summer 2010) by default.

The final grade of an “A,” must then be entered in to my grade page, and full-credit must also, then be entered for all of my final assignments. A final grade of an “A,” must then be submitted to the registrar’s office as my final grade in the library management course (summer 2010). As previously stated, I reserve the right to elect who submits my final grade of an “A” to the registrar’s office.

(*Note--You must provide both: detailed instructions on how to fill-in the final assignment templates, as well as a detailed description as to how the final assignments will be graded, in order for me to complete the final assignment. A reasonable amount of time, must be allocated as well, for me to complete the final assignments. As previously stated, the due date(s) of the final assignments must be agreed upon by both of us. )


7) Re: Elluminate Session Recording Access:

I must be provided with the link to our previous Elluminate session recording. You have never sent me a link to the Elluminate recording of our session on 7-26-2010. All students are provided with access to every Elluminate recording from every class that they are enrolled in. This section of the library management course, summer 2010, is no exception to that standard practice. You must provide me with the URL to the recording from our Elluminate session.

(*Note--The link to the Elluminate recording of our meeting must be provided today by 7:00 p. m. E.S.T. via email : bayoecary@hotmail.com )

8) Re: Availability:

You must be available to answer any question(s) that I may have regarding the reminder of thisclass, until I receive a verification of both my official transcript with the final grade (the same as indicated on my grade page) and the confirmation of my Master’s Degree earned posted to it (my official transcript), and until I receive an official copy of my Master’s Degree Diploma from F.S.U. .
Final Agreement Between: Dr. Swaine and Ms. Bayo Elizabeth Cary

Your failure to agree to any of the above enumerated: rules/regulations/terms/and/or conditions, will result in me receiving a final grade of an “A” in the summer library management (summer 2010) course by default. I will not agree to work with you again, if you do not sign this agreement, to complete any work/final assignments, and someone else will enter my final grade of an “A” (by default) for the course. Your permission for my final grade submission for this class, to the registrar’s office, by someone other than you, is not required. There are no exceptions to this rule.

(*Note--Your signature, as typed text, indicates that you have read the all of the above stated and enumerated: rules/ regulations /terms/and/or conditions, you clearly understand what you have read, and that you will comply with each and every: rule(s)/ regulation(s)/term(s)/and/or condition(s), without any exceptions at all. There are not exceptions, what-so-ever, to this rule. Your signature also indicates that you understand that you are not allowed to alter this agreement at all, neither is anyone else, I am the only exception to this rule.

This document, sent today 7-31-2010, via email at 1:35 p. m., must be signed and returned by 6:30 p. m. (E.S.T.) today 7-31-2010. No one else is permitted to negotiate with me regarding the stipulations that I have indicated in this document, in your place, and the stipulations indicated in this document are non-negotiable. Your failure to reply to this email, will result in default. As previously stated, a default by you, indicated by you by your failure respond to this email and document, in the affirmative, with your signature affixed to the bottom of the page as text, will automatically result in me receiving a final grade of an “A” in the F.S.U. library management summer 2010 course.)


Please Type Your Name Here (*Note--Your typed name represents your signature and your agreement and consent with this document and the stipulations contained therein.):

No comments: